Are you a nurse practitioner looking for a change in your career? If you want temporary jobs that offer flexibility and variety, turn to Caliber. Our team specializes in matching qualified nurse practitioners with locum tenens positions across the country.
Locum tenens is a Latin phrase that means “to hold the place of.” This staffing solution helps healthcare facilities fill open positions temporarily, usually due to staffing shortages or increased patient demand. The arrangement allows organizations to maintain continuity of care.
Locum assignments can last anywhere from a few days to several months and may involve working at hospitals, clinics, or private practices. A locum tenens nurse practitioner is not an employee of the facility but an independent contractor. As such, they have greater control over their schedule, work hours, and location, as well as negotiating their rates.
As a nurse practitioner, you have dedicated your career to caring for patients. However, you may find yourself experiencing burnout or looking for ways to supplement your income. This is where locum tenens opportunities come in. Here is why many are turning to locum nurse practitioner jobs.
1. Flexibility: One of the most significant benefits of being a locum NP is flexibility. You can choose from a variety of assignments, allowing you to decide when and where you want to work. This flexibility makes it easier to accommodate your preferred schedule and lifestyle.
2. Higher compensation: Locum NPs tend to have a higher pay rate than full-time NPs. This is due to the temporary nature of locum nurse practitioner jobs and the need to fill empty positions quickly. Your actual salary figures will depend on the location and length of the assignment, your skills and experience, and your availability. You can also negotiate your rate as an independent contractor, leading to increased earning potential.
3. Variety of experiences: Working as a locum tenens nurse practitioner exposes you to diverse settings and patient populations, challenging you to develop new skills and knowledge that can benefit your long-term career goals. This can also open up new networking opportunities and broaden your professional connections.
4. Address burnout: Being a full-time nurse practitioner with little time off is demanding. Eventually, stress and poor work-life balance can lead to burnout. Working as a locum tenens nurse practitioner can help reduce the risk of burnout. Locum NPs are able to work at their own pace, choosing assignments that work for their needs.
5. Reduced administrative burden: As a locum NP, you typically do not have to worry about billing, coding, and other administrative tasks as you would in a traditional role. This allows you to focus on providing quality patient care and improving healthcare outcomes.
At Caliber, we are committed to helping you find your dream career as a locum provider. No matter your specialty, from family nurse practitioner to psychiatric nurse practitioner, we have the resources and expertise to help you succeed.
Caliber specializes in matching locum tenens providers with healthcare facilities nationwide. With access to an extensive network of healthcare systems nationwide, we can help you secure locum nurse practitioner jobs that suit your preferences, specialty, and qualifications.
Our specialty teams provide exceptional support during your job search and your assignment, including assistance with travel arrangements, credentialing, and malpractice insurance. This ensures that you can focus on providing the best patient care without worrying about the logistics.
If you are considering working as a locum tenens nurse practitioner, partner with Caliber. With our broad healthcare network, total talent concierge, and variety of available assignments, we ensure a smooth and successful locum tenens experience.